Before reading any further, be advised that this post may contain spoilers.
I’m going to be honest here for a moment: after Avengers Endgame, I was disappointed that that phase of the Marvel Cinematic Universe was over. After watching Spider-Man Far From Home, I wasn’t sure what the next phase held for Marvel fans, as I wasn’t impressed with that movie.
Well, when I saw the trailer for Dr. Strange in The Multiverse of Madness a few months ago, I couldn’t wait to see it.
I was advised to watch Spider-Man No Way Home before watching the latest Dr. Strange movie, as they tie together because you know how Marvel rolls.
Dr. Strange in The Multiverse of Madness has a lot of twists and turns and to me, it was very confusing at times, and that’s okay. A good movie should keep you in suspense, and did this movie deliver in that department!
Journey into the unknown in Marvel Studios’ Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. When the MCU unlocks the Multiverse, Doctor Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch) must enlist help from old and new allies as he traverses mind-bending and dangerous alternate realities in order to confront a surprising adversary.
Xochitl Gomez stars as America Chavez, a teenager who has the power to traverse many universes. Strange realizes that he saw her in a dream, and it is determined it was sorcery, not wizardry that is causing him and America to be hunted. Dr. Strange consults with Wanda Maximoff (Elizabeth Olsen) about the source of the sorcery and suddenly realizes that SHE is the source of the witchcraft that’s been hunting America Chavez in his dream. Wanda feels if she can harness America’s powers, she can again be with her sons Billy and Tommy (watch WandaVision on Disney+ to get the back story), and Strange refuses to give America to her, and Wanda attacks Kamar-Taj.
There are a few guest appearances in the movie, which I will not disclose; but, any fan of the different Marvel universes will know who they are!
Witness the mind-bending alternate realities of the multiverse when Marvel Studios’ Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness debuts on all major digital platforms June 22 and on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD on July 26.
Embrace the madness by adding the latest MCU film to your Marvel movie collection. Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness will also stream on Disney+.
- Method to the Madness – Join various crew members and Marvel employees in interviews as they discuss their love of Sam Raimi and all the details of Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness that makes it quintessentially Raimi.
- Introducing America Chavez – In this short and fun profile piece, we’ll learn about America’s humble beginnings in the comics. We’ll meet Xochitl Gomez and discuss the complications her character’s unique power presents for the future of the MCU.
- Constructing the Multiverse – Writing a feature film for Marvel is no easy task. In this playful yet informative featurette, we’ll dive into the challenges that writer Michael Waldron faced in creating the twisting and turning story of Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.
- Gag Reel – Take a look at some of the fun outtakes on set with the cast and crew of Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.
- A Great Team – A journalist questions Doctor Strange’s integrity.
- Pizza Poppa – Bruce is relieved when Doctor Strange’s spell ends.
- It’s Not Permanent – Bruce tries to accuse Doctor Strange of being an imposter.
- View the film with audio commentary by Sam Raimi, Richie Palmer, and Michael Waldron.